Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Monday 31 October 2011

Hi everyone!

Everything here is going fantastically! The time changed here on Saturday so I got an extra hour of sleep, which would've been amazing except the alarm on our phone went off and I thought that the time changed on it, but it hadn't and I started to get ready for the day. When I got out of the shower I saw that Sister Smith was still asleep. Luckily, there was still a half an hour left so I just went back to sleep. :) But that extra half an hour was so so precious. Especially now that we don't have a car. I am SO TIRED EVERY SECOND OF MY LIFE. Not that I'm bitter about the car getting taking away. I'm just tired.
 
We have this investigator that every time we've gone over to see him he's either smashed or he's asleep. So his girlfriend, who is also an investigator, just lets us in and we teach her instead. But this week was weird. We showed up at the time that we ALWAYS show up and she answers and said that he was in the bath so we would have to come back at a different time. But he yelled about how we should come in. So she let us in. And the bathroom is RIGHT THERE in the flat as we walk in and the door is WIDE OPEN! So there is our investigator, in the bath, and the lights are off so it's SUPER dark, and he's soooo drunk. And Sister Smith and his girlfriend go off into the other room and I'm left to shut the front door and he's sitting there and TRYING to engage me conversation and I, for the life of me, could NOT get the front door to close. I started to FREAK OUT SO BAD. So I just shoved it as hard as I could and left it at that. So that was traumatizing. Then when he FINALLY got out of the bath we started to teach him and, well, he was drunk, so he starts spouting off about how he's God and Jesus Christ  and at first Sister Smith was laughing at him, because she thought it was a joke. But then he was dead serious and was slightly angry that she was laughing. Sooooo oops. :/ It was a very strange appointment. But then we saw him around town later in the week and he was still DRUNK and apologized about how he said that he was God and Jesus . . . so I don't know what's up with him.
 
We had our investigator, Martin, pass his baptismal interview on Saturday! SOOO EXCITED! He's getting baptized on the 4th of November. We had scheduled him for the 5th, but we forgot that it was bonfire night and we, as missionaries, aren't allowed to be out that night. So yeah. :)
 
But there are other missionaries waiting for me to get off, and I feel bad that they are wasting their p-day just waiting around. . . so farewell! :D
 
LOVE,
Sister Stout

I LOVE YOU ALLL SOOOOOOOO MUCH AND I MISS YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment