Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Monday 24 October 2011

My Life is Wonderful

Life is pretty grand right now! I'm always learning things. ALWAYS. And I'm getting pretty pro at finding situations! I get yelled at a lot, but it doesn't even bother me anymore! Which is a MIRACLE for me, as you know.
So many great things have been happening! Such as: I realized that England likes my hair. A LOT! I think I've only had two bad hair days since I've been on my mission. I don't know what it is, but even if I don't wash my hair it's always full and voluminous. It's WONDERFUL!
Also, I am no where NEAR as picky of an eater as I was before I left! I talked about Nasr, the old Egyptian man we eat tea at every Saturday, a couple weeks ago. Well, I eat Egyptain food all the time! It is SO GOOD! Also, I don't mind eating peppers anymore, which Cassie and Whitney will be happy about. :) I actually enjoy eating them now, crazy right?! Even spicy food. I have a higher tolerance for spicy food then Sister Smith, which is pretty crazy. To say that my spicy food tolerance is higher then ANYONE is insane for me! Haha!
The Branch President called us on Saturday and asked us if we could give talks in sacrament meeting the next day. To which we both agreed. There were supposed to be two speakers before us, but there must have been some miscomunication because they only bore their testimonies and the two of them combined only took five minutes! So then it was my turn and I was told to plan for only ten minutes, which I did, and you know how I'm not very good at public speaking in the first place, so I couldn't really just jabber up there to kill time. So after my ten minutes were up, Sister Smith got up there and she spoke for 35 minutes! Haha, but she did so good though!
Well, this is the end of this weeks email. I am loving it out here! I love you ALL!
<3,
Sister Stout

(Ali and I chatted through email for about 45 minutes.  Here are a few of the things she wrote to me that I thought some of you might be interested in.  Most of what we talked about was family stuff.  But I asked her a couple questions and it gave me a little better understanding of how she's doing.)

Sister Smith and I get along GREAT! It took a little bit of time to warm up to each other, but I think it's because both of us are naturally kind of shy. But this transfer has been crazy fun!

We have quite a large teaching pool. It's really great! I would say we have about 20-ish investigators. And we have a REALLY GOOD investigator who is scheduled for the 4th of November! His name is Martin and he's in his 40's and he is GREAT!

But anyway. I love talking to you. And it's so crazy how much I am changing here. But not really changing, I'm still me. But you know what I mean. :) I love being brave. BRAVERY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment