Hear, O ye heavens, and give ear, O earth, and rejoice ye inhabitants thereof, for the Lord is God, and beside him there is no Savior. Great is his wisdom, marvelous are his ways, and the extent of his doings none can find out. His purposes fail not, neither are there any who can stay his hand. From eternity to eternity he is the same, and his years neverfail. For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.

Doctrine & Covenants 76:1-6

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year Everyone!

I don't have a lot of time today because yesterday was my p-day but also a holiday, so no computers were available to us.  So first off, I got transferred to another small coastal town called Bridlington.  It's weird being somewhere else, but nice.  My companion is Sister Evans and she's amazing!  Bridlington is about 60 miles south of Redcar.

We have a branch here in Bridlington.  We have a total of zero investigators.  This is something we are struggling with right now. My flat is SUPER POSH.  Way posher than in Redcar! The area is a lot like Redcar though, which isn't bad, just familiar in lots of ways.

The saddest part about leaving was leaving my zone.  I LOVED the Billingham zone.  Everyone that got transferred this time round DIDN'T want to leave. We all loved it there. Everyone was so epic. But now I'm in the York zone, and it's good so far. :)  But in Brid, it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE, no actually it IS impossible to go anywhere for p-day. Oh, well. So we won't get to see our zone much.  We are about a 2 hour train ride ONE WAY to York, which is rubbish.

Here in Bridlington, we walk. That is all. Just walking. No buses, or anything.  Thankfully, Bridlington is a much smaller town than Redcar.  At least I'm in excellent shape after walking what seems about 20 miles everyday.  I don't do my 30 minutes workout everyday because of the amount of walking we do. As many calories as I put into my body I should weigh about 300 pounds, but I know I'm eating a lot because of all the walking.  But I'm used to it because I also walked in Redcar.  I've already been through one pair of shoes and I've only been out 5 months!

I have to get going! But I would LOVE to get some letters.  Don't worry too much or anything, but I could really use some right now. :)  I am excited to be here.  There is SOMETHING that Heavenly Father wants me to learn by being here.

I love you all so much and I LOVED talking to you all on Christmas!! :D

GOODBYE MY DEAREST FAMILY!!!

Love,
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment